Global Youth Education & Success is a nonprofit organization committed to the success of youth in STEM programs in high school and higher education.
Vision, Mission, and Objectives
- The vision of GYES is increased participation of youth in STEM higher education programs,especially in mathematics.
- Our mission is to increase the percentage of Grades 9-12 learners who do mathematics in high school and improve their passing grades.
- Our objective is to provide an annual two-week Summer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) program to promising high school students both in Southern Africa and the US. STEM is an enrichment program designed to stimulate and encourage students to pursue careers in STEM, and to enhance their chances of obtaining scholarships to pursue higher education programs at South African and US universities.
Global Youth Education Success is dedicated and committed to the following values in serving our program participants:
- Professionalism: To consistently conduct ourselves with integrity integrity
- Respect and Dignity: To treat our clients, partners, supporters and stakeholders with respect, honesty, fairness, and compassion.
- Accountability and Transparency: To conduct our programs in an efficient,open, and timely manner, and to ne accountable for all resources and services provided.
- Excellence: To consistently strive towards excellence in the provision of resources and services.
The Math Institute South Africa is one of our main projects. It is an enrichment program designed to stimulate and encourage students to pursue careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and to enhance their chances of obtaining scholarships to pursue higher education programs at South African and U.S. universities.